Saturday, February 5, 2011

100th Day of School Feb 4th

Our 100th day of school was yesterday and we had soooooo much fun.

We sent home a bag and a note requesting a snack.  We asked that each family send in 100 pieces of something. One child in another teacher's room, brought 100 chips. This is how they arrived to school.

We combined our 100 pieces for our snack. Mr. B's snack was the heaviest and Mr. G's snack was the lightest. When we weighed them against the other first grade classes, Mr. B was silver medal and Mr. G was bronze medal.

We played at math game- it is the one we sent home for our weekend math game.


We designed a 100 sheet.
We read our 100th day poem.
I gave this to each one of my students- in my math group and then the regular ones too :)

 We did a cube roll. Roll a dice and color, repeat but use another color. I chose to use green and yellow because the Packers are in the Superbowl.
 This is from Kinderglynn on TeachersPayTeachers. I had my firsties write T and H for tails and heads.

 Here is the sheet that the children counted by 2's, 4's, 5,'s, 10's, 25's, and 50's!
 I hid 100 kisses around the room. We "lost" 2 kisses! Seriously, I put them out and no kids went into the room and ate them, but I wrote down the numbers on the "Missing Work" board, so I hope we find them sometime!

 We played this game with a partner. It is supposed to be a "cootie catcher" (Sorry, I don't really know another name.) You fold it and then put them over your finger tips and have the kids pick a number and then they open and close the paper.  I gave them a paper and a paper clip. They spun and played with their partner.

1 comment:

Room 148 said...

These look like great fun. We have not reached our 100th day yet.