Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Earth Day

I know this is early, but it just worked out like that!
This week is all about Earth Day and recycling.
I got these booklets recently and couldn't wait to use them!
There are books for every age level.
 This poster was included in the program.

 Going to use these poems under the ELMO.


 With K-2 we will sort items in my pocket chart.  3-5 will create in their science logs.
 I will be using these for word work.
I laminate the spinner and the recording sheet.
One option is they have to write the letters as they get them,
or you may want to have those letters available.
Still another way is just to have out some
kind of counter and as the children spin 
they put a counter under the letter.
This saves paper- each child doesn't have to
have a page and two
sometimes even using markers 
is a pain to clean up too! 




Recycle- easy version





1 comment:

vicky1970 said...

Hi there,
Cute stuff. I love your blog. I just found you and am your newest follower. I teach first grade. Hop on over and visit me sometime. :o)
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After