Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seuss Reading

Sometimes, with my higher reading groups, I let them do an independent author study.

I found all of my Seuss books and put them around the entire room.  Yes it goes around the whole room lol

Anyways, with my top readers, they all get this sheet and a recording sheet.


I make theirs in black and white.  I do copy it on the 
picture setting on my copy machine.

So after they read the book, they color in the hat under each book.

On their recording sheet.
they record the date they read it.

We have a 3 hat system if the book is 
okay, good, great

They shade in 1, 2 or 3.

Then they tell me their favorite part.
On non-fiction books, I ask them to list a fact.


EDITED TO ADD- THE LINKS AREN'T WORKING, BUT I WILL UPDATE WHEN THER ARE

PLUS I WILL HAVE A MO WILLEMS ONE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

I love that you are extending the learning of your high reading group with an author study! I am sure they love it.

I love the printables you have provided. I think my readers would like them. If you are interested, I would love to have you post a link to this post on my blog, Happy Birthday Author, to help us celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday! Also, you might be able to find more ideas for author studies on my blog!

Here is a link to the linky:

http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

Miss DeCarbo said...

Very cute recording sheet! Great idea!

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Kelly said...

I love the recording sheets and all of the books covers...so fun and colorful!

Kelly
Kindergarten Kel