Thursday, February 23, 2012

Space Day 4

Today we climbed onto our spaceships and journeyed to outer space.  Last year we did a planet or two a day, but this year, we just did a quick little trip to the entire solar system.

Some of them were disappointed to learn that they now consider Pluto a dwarf planet and were mad- so I let them add it anyways!

One of the 5th graders came up with this saying to remember the planets:
My
Very
Evil
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nothing

I don't think that is the way I learned it though, I think the evil was educated {lol}

With the K-1 we just put them in order.  Yes I know these aren't in order, I had to quick take the photo because I forgot lol  I used those little mini pocket charts from Target.


First I showed these cards and then I displayed the larger ones on my easel.  I had them draw their favorite planet in  their logs.

If you look in the upper right hand corner, that is the sheet that I had the 2nd- 3rd graders fill out.


With the 4th and 5th graders, I had them draw and label their own.








Click on the link to get your own set.


class book







(so as you may have noticed all of these charts- the other Mrs. R makes them-
if I didn't know any better, I'd think her middle name is Charts!!!
She has charts for anything and everything!
For example, she has charted several Dr. Seuss books.
In the past she has gone all out.
We create a Seussville in her room.
I hang what seems to be 1,000 
Cat in the Hats from her ceiling.}

Perhaps, she should be my shout-out Saturday :)

No comments: