Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Communication

Each week I send home a newsletter. It has our star words for the coming week, plus what we covered in math.  I discuss our lessons, but since we switch for math groups between 4 teachers, we each do our own things but the same lessons. The children carry back and forth a Parent Communication log (a steno type notebook)  that the parents and I write notes back and forth. It is a great keepsake for the year. I quickly look through them, I make sure that I write in each one each week.  One mom wrote to me on the weekends about the weather or what was going on with the family.  I lived about 30 minutes away from where I taught, so they would often have different weather.

My newsletter

I was hoping to share the document, but Google removed all the cuteness :(

No comments: