Monday, August 19, 2019

Fireflies or lightening bugs?

Fireflies or lightening bugs?   That is the question!!

I have been busy busy busy!


I introduce this book first to reinforce our color words and 
use repeated refrain to build fluency.  
Children love to hear the repetition of the repeated words.






Then to build even more excitement I bring out this next book.

I mean who doesn't want to star in a book???


So you write their names on the lines or have them write their names.
You could laminate the pages and then write with a Sharpie to use year after year.







BUT THEN WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

During writing time, I bring out the final piece!!!

So now not only have we worked on color words,
the children have stared in their own book, 
now they can create a book!

I print off a second copy of the classbook cover.
I hand out the following page to all of the children.

They write their names on the line.
They write the color word on the second line and then color in the 
firefly they caught.




I would also print the last two pages of the classbook about catching and letting go the fireflies.

No comments: