Monday, July 9, 2012

Cafe for Emergent Readers

My children for summer school are well under their way of hard workers! Most days we have built our stamina up to 15 minutes!  We are only on day 11... that is amazing.  They ask every rotation how long they worked.  I am amazed to say the least- even in our sauna aka our classroom.

We aren't yet to the standard Cafe menu and are using the Emergent readers one.

I have created several helpful tools for assessment.  One I created was recognizing the difference between upper and lower case letters.




Another one that I created was between letters and words.




For one of my students, I did create one that had letters and numbers:

Get your very own copies here:
Upper VS Lower
Words VS Letters
Letters VS Numbers


OPTIONS:
For a true assessment print one of for each child, for a review, project on SmartBoard and use two colors.

No comments: