Friday, April 30, 2010

April 26th- Amphibians & Reptiles

So my theme is frogs, but I have never done anything about teaching about them. I have frog stamps, frog decorations, frog... yes pretty much everything!!!

This week we will hop to it and learn all about frogs and maybe some other amphibians too. We also learned about reptiles. My friend is part of our local Herp group. It is like a humane society for reptiles and other creepy crawlies. He brought in several creatures. This is TOTALLY out of my comfort zone. My students enjoyed it immensely.


This is an American Alligator.
A 66 pound tortoise.
A corn snake that weighs about the same as your pencil.
A bearded dragon.
A boa constrictor. They even put several animals on the floor to show us how they move. Very exciting!

No comments: