Monday, February 13, 2023

Wishlists.... Why is the teacher asking for....

So items teachers ask for are pretty self-explanatory, like snack.  Parents totally get that, kids need to eat.  Sometimes that gets hazy too. I had a parent that said, "Well I sent in a snack last month."  For that I am grateful. However, that one snack usually covers only that day.  So if you sent in one box of goldfish, that will feed the class once.  I've done the snack calendar, I've done bring in several boxes of food, and I've done, bring your own snacks too.  I've been teaching for quite some time :)

Here is my wishlist board



But what happens when teachers ask for different things? What are they doing with them?? Like why is the teacher asking for colored pens??  Can't she buy her own colored pens?!?!!?!? Oh, honey, I do buy pens, and more pens, and even more pens lol
Flair ones? yes!
Ink joy ones? yes!
I don't share my pens lol. 
Oh okay, well sometimes I do share my pens, sometimes lol
we use cute ones for pointers.


This is one example of what I put out for creation station during Valentine's Day. There are fun markers, both thin and thick, pens, colored pencils, fun theme pencils, smelly markers, funky scissors, bingo daubers, stampers, and more. 




I am not asking for pens for me, but for the students to use in our writing center.



Why is she asking for card stock?   
Well because I print everything we use in our 
classroom at home on cardstock.  It makes it more durable. 
Oh did you catch that part, where I said I print things 
for the children at home? Yes, I do that too.

Colorful paper/cardstock like:



Why is she asking for colored paper? 
So children can use pens on 
fun colorful paper in the writing center or for 
fun stamps during our post office dramatic play center.

I print on different colored paper 
for each theme.



Here's something on our wish list that's pretty easy to understand.
We have a magnet board that these are perfect for

they work on sorting (place in the correct color can)
colors (math color word identification)
fine motor (works those little fingers to improve writing)



This is a staple remover... do you know what a pain it is to get staples out of the wall???
So technically this is for me the teacher, but I am adding things to our room to enhance your child's education :)



OMG, now she's asking for glue sticks?!?! 
She can craft at home on her own time.

Where my classroom is located, I have very picky walls... we are always picking up charts that are falling off the wall.  I use hot glue to attach stuff to the walls, so they won't fall off :)


Tape, why is she asking for tape? 
We aren't wrapping presents in school.

This is perfect for our art center.
We can use our pincher grasp (fine motor) using our fingers to write.
It uses the same muscles.
We can work on color identification too!
Another math skill!



Where will this madness end??
Now, this teacher thinks my kids should craft again????
Here's another item for fine motor, that pincher grasp.
The same muscles that we use for writing.




Another item that I have asked for in my room in the past was baby wipes.
My child is potty trained, why is she asking for wipes??
We use stamps in our room, with ink...
we have to clean off the stamps so we don't get ink all over.



No comments: