Monday, May 11, 2020

Classroom Letters

Everyone loves getting letters! Am I right?!?!

Kids love getting letters too.

Many moons ago, I bought some letters written by ocean animals.
They were a total hit.

Then I bought some letters for each letter of the alphabet.


This calls for more and more letters!!!!


Each time we have a new unit, the students get a new letter introducing the unit.
Our letters usually come from our mascot.
Sometimes they come from a tour guide like in the zoo pack. 

They start off with a broad overview of theme words that I display in our writing center.


For example in our space unit we have an intro letter:




Then each day we get a letter from a different planet or piece of equipment.


Sometimes, it's just one letter like our weather letter:

Sometimes I give out badges for the kids to wear.




Here's our friendship/love letter





During our rain forest unit,
we start with an overview.  Then each day we get a letter from a different creature or plant.



During our insect unit, we of course start with an overview of all insects.
I add word cards for those, however, I don't add the word cards that will send letters during our study.

For example, say I have eight days for our insect unit.  I pick seven bugs that write letters. They send us that word card for that insect.

I address the envelopes more so for myself lol




This is part of the series of letters.  Here are others available:

  • School
  • Friendship
  • Fall 
  • Teeth
  • Monsters 
  • Seuss
  • Transportation         
  • Leprechaun
  • Thanksgiving 
  • Vet/Pet
  • Nutrition*    
  • Rain Forest*
  • Gingerbread 
  • Community Helpers
  • Christmas         
  • Spring
  • Snow 
  • Insects*
  • Space 
  • Zoo*
  • Weather      
  • Ocean*
  • Dinos


The * means this a series of letters.  For example, your students will get a general overview of the theme followed by themed letters in the unit. 

What am I missing? What themes do you teach that you need a letter for?
Drop me a message below or email at kinderpond@yahoo.com





No comments: