Monday, January 22, 2018

What's in the box: Light Table





Here is the "box":


Before the action~
We make an anchor chart:

this was on my whiteboard, but I usually make it on a half-sized chart paper.



In action:
I laminated die-cut hearts and wrote with a Sharpie.
The hearts are from Dollar Tree.


These are see-through letters-
I needed my Pampered Chef nylon knife to separate them lol


Glass marbles and plastic jewels Dollar Tree.


Blue, white, clear, and frosted glass beads
Red and clear marbles




Cup building

Here are the shapes I made from Dollar Tree
binder dividers



Red, green, white glass beads sort.
Green and red sticks WalMart
I covered the bottom with those binder dividers.



Glass beads and some plastic ones too. 




Ice cubes from Dollar Tree






All from Dollar Tree

plastic jewels, two sizes
Clear pink and red hearts
Pill containers to sort pony beads
Clear jumping frogs game (has purple pond)
Fruit ice cubes

We did Summer Fruits last summer... they would have been perfect to sort lol 


These are the bigger jewels from above photo red bag.

Pill Container above in yellow bag
I wrote the color words backwards on the bottom to sort pony beads.




Clear and green glass marbles
Red/green/clear sticks


Bingo chips


Sorting trays


These would be fun if we dropped water to see volume.


The top one was from WalMart.
Bottom one was from Dollar Tree.


Jewels
I got these a million years ago from Dollar Tree.
I have seen them at Walmart in the pet section- but they are really expensive!


More sorting from Dollar Tree

*dishes
*small square dishes


I drew shapes and names on old transparencies 





The dino will look awesome after painted.
The bag is the shapes from those dividers.
Stirrers and see through frogs ;)
mini-cars are from Target in Bullseye Playground.
Then the cups... all the cups all from Dollar Tree



I have to find yellow glass beads though!



More see through frogs :)

flat- 3D shapes to match

Overhead coins and pattern blocks 
jars are from Target Bullseye's Playground.
See next photo for the top of the jar.


Light Table Food idea from Play to Learn Preschool 
email or message me on Facebook for an exclusive freebie for this activity.










So what else am I missing???  I almost forgot the ice cubes... because they were in my son's backpack lol

Please hop down to leave me a comment about your favorite things for your light table or light box.

Hoppy teaching!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have this exact same light table for my class. I have been collecting items to use with it and you have just given me a ton of great ideas! So thankful!